Book Soup Turns 40!
Glenn Goldman opened his humble bookshop on the world famous Sunset Strip in June 1975. He called it Book Soup for reasons that are foggy and (we suppose) lost to history. He created a cozy gem where the Great & Infamous could escape for awhile and lose themselves in the floor to ceiling stack of books! Sadly, Glenn passed away in 2009 but his legacy endures.
Despite what you may have heard about independent bookstores, Book Soup is thriving and really excited about our future, right here where we've always been, and for at least 40 more years! With that in mind we are throwing a 40th birthday party on Friday, June 12th at 7pm and we'd love to have you join us.
We're asking some of our GREAT friends to read excerpts from INFAMOUS celebrity biographies. We'll also have cake, refreshments and special shopping discounts! Please swing by, we'd love to see you!
- Frank DeCaro (Dead Celebrity Cookbook author, Sirius XM Satellite Radio host) Follow Frank on Twitter @frankdecaroshow
- Tony DuShane (Author of Confessions of a Teenage Jesus Jerk) Follow Tony on Twitter @tonydushane
- Beth Lapides ( Creator & host of Uncabaret, author of Did I Wake You?) Follow Beth on Twitter @bethlapides & @uncabaret
- Meredith Maran (Author of A Theory of Small Earthquakes, Why We Write) Follow Meredith on Twitter @meredithmaran
- Pam Ward (Author of Get Some, Want Some) Follow Pam on Twitter @pamward