Baby's First Book Blocks: Boxed Set (Board book)
On Our Shelves Now
Book Blocks are chunky little board books that are shaped like blocks, the perfect first books for babies! Featuring high-contrast colors, eye-catching shapes, and colorful patterns (incorporating the latest scientific research about vision development), these mini books are designed to entice infants to focus and develop their visual acuity.
Four little block-shaped mini books, each measuring 2-3/8 x 2-3/8 inches, comprise this adorable set:
Book 1: Black and White--simple but interesting shapes moving into more complex shapes and patterns
Book 2: Red, Blue, and Yellow--introduces primary colors and slightly more complex shapes, moving into real patterns with multiple colors
Book 3: Color and Pattern--secondary colors and more complex patterns
Book 4: Visual Excitement--subtle shades and complicated patterns
Simply sit with your baby a few minutes each day and turn the pages, encouraging baby to focus on each page. As your baby develops, you will be able to hand the book blocks back and forth, and soon your baby will be able to grasp the book blocks and explore for her or himself.
• The set of 4 books is presented in a slim box, 9-1/2 x 2-3/8 x 2, with an acetate window that reveals the book blocks inside.
• Studies show that during the first year of life, babies' visual skills develop dramatically. While a month-old infant will prefer sharply defined, black and white edges and patterns, by 4 months of age, most babies can distinguish even subtle shades and respond to repeating patterns.
• These little books provide a great opportunity for parents and caregivers to interact with baby. Just a few minutes a day of looking at and tracking shapes and colors helps babies to develop good visual acuity.
• Designed by Dan Stiles, who is known for his appealing use of color and pattern, these bloox make a great toy that will continue to be fun to play with long after babies have learned to see as well as adults.
About the Author
Dan Stiles is the author of the hilarious boardbook Put On Your Shoes! (POW! 2013) Dan combines illustration and design in his award-winning visual work. Over the past 15 years Dan has collaborated with everyone from indie bands to major corporations in creating identities, custom packaging, and limited edition collectable art and merchandise. Dan is perhaps best known for his poster art, having worked with artists across multiple genres including Death Cab for Cutie, Sonic Youth, Arctic Monkeys, Cat Power, Hot Chip, Sigur Ros, Ted Leo, TV on The Radio, Dizze Rascal, Wilco, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and countless others. Dan lives with his wife and daughters in Portland, Oregon.
***Amazon Editor’s Pick #9***
"Dan Stiles captures baby's attention with bright colors and shapes of varying degrees of complexity."
- Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine
“Help to contribute to this future genius' success with these stackable Baby’s First Book Blocks feature various vibrant colors and patterns that help babies visual and cognitive development.”
“Combining books and blocks featuring high-contrast colors, eye-catching shapes, and colorful patterns. These mini books are designed to entice infants to focus and develop their visual acuity.” - Urban Baby & Toddler