Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor's Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook Go to fodors.com for details.
Written by local experts, Fodor's travel guides have been offering advice and professionally vetted recommendations for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
In less than a generation, Brooklyn has transformed itself into a global capital of culture and creativity. It buzzes with energy, excitement, and the inherent tension of coupling reinvention with a dedication to authenticity. Each of Brooklyn's neighborhoods has its own allure, including the art and culinary scene in Williamsburg, the amazing views from Brooklyn Heights, and the architecture and greenery of Park Slope. It's is a melting pot of makers and the food scene here is second to none, with locally minded, innovative chefs all over the borough.
This travel guide includes:
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: This new guide goes far beyond the Brooklyn coverage in Fodor's New York City. It includes 30 top neighborhoods and covers Brooklyn landmarks as well as exciting new restaurants, hotels, night spots, attractions, and events.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Fodor's Brooklyn highlights the borough's top attractions, experiences, and festivals and events, and the best ways to see the borough in summer, in winter, and with kids. A special section is devoted to our Best Bet recommendations for everything from the best places to eat pizza to top art galleries, alfresco dining and drinking, shops, bars, and performance venues. Notable neighborhood residents are also interviewed.
- CHIC DESIGN: Illustrations and hand-drawn color maps by noteworthy local Brooklyn illustrator Claudia Pearson showcase the content.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS: An opening chapter about Brooklyn helps travelers decide what neighborhood to visit with Best Bets lists and features on where to go, what to do with kids, and top things to do in summer and winter. Other chapters focus on top things to do in specific neighborhoods.
- DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor's Brooklyn offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their visit. Fodor's Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife.
- COVERS: The Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Flea, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Bushwick, East Williamsburg, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Crown Heights, Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Prospect Heights, Park Slope, Prospect Park, Gowanus, Dumbo, Brooklyn Heights, Downtown Brooklyn, Boerum Hill, Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens, Red Hook, Columbia Waterfront District, Windsor Terrace, Greenwood Heights, South Slope, Sunset Park, Bay Ridge, Brighton Beach, and Coney Island.
Planning to visit New York? Check our Fodor's New York City guide.