Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
The Amazon Expat Tax Bestseller, Now Updated for 2022.
Are you a citizen of the United States who lives abroad? You probably know America is one of only two countries that taxes its citizens on their worldwide income, regardless of where they live or work. If you're thinking about becoming a digital nomad or expatriating to another country, do you know how to avoid paying unfair taxes on your income while abroad? There may be huge penalties and tax evasion charges if you don't file correctly.
By combining the right strategies for citizenship, residency, banking, incorporation, and physical presence in other countries, most Americans abroad can legally lower their U.S. tax owing to $0. In U.S. Taxes for Worldly Americans
, Certified Public Accountant, U.S. immigrant, expat, and perpetual traveler Olivier Wagner shows you how to use 100% legal strategies (beyond traditionally maligned "tax havens") to keep your income and assets safe from the IRS. Olivier covers a wealth of international tax information updated for 2021, including:
- Step-by-step instructions for the Forms and Schedules you will use to file your offshore tax, no matter where you are.
- How to qualify for special deductions, credits, and exemptions on international taxation.
- Why opening bank accounts and corporations in foreign countries is easier than you think.
- How residency or citizenship in another country can legally lower your taxes.
- How your spouse and children (whether American or of another nationality) affect your tax situation.
- Practical advice for moving, living, and working with tax-free income in other parts of the world.
- What to consider before renouncing your American citizenship and saying goodbye to the IRS for good.
As a non-resident American, there is no single easy answer to lower your taxes. If you don't understand every possibility, you could end up paying too much. Embrace a worldly lifestyle with confidence as you master the U.S. tax system for Americans living overseas.