Email or call for price.
Reading Comprehension First Grade, Reading Comprehension Success Passages and Questions for Guided: Level G and H Guided Reading Passages with Text Evidence Questions for Kindergarten, 1st Grade
Help your students become text detectives This reading comprehension textbook packet, which includes 15 reading passages, is designed to help kids become confident reading Levels G and H text and answering text-based questions. These passages are perfect for close reading lessons. Four multiple choice questions and three short answer questions are included with each passage.
As students are learning to use evidence to support their thinking, I have them find and highlight the section of text they use to justify their answer. Two options include:
- Color coded highlighting Students highlight the answer to each question in a different color.
- Numbered highlighting Students highlight evidence within the text and then write the question number beside the highlighted evidence.
Supports the following standards:
Common Core Standards ELA.Literacy.RI.1.1 and
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
These passages are also useful for choral reading, fluency work and literacy centers. I often have students go on "scavenger hunts" to find and highlight words with long vowels, words with specific endings, words from our word wall, etc.
The following passages are included:
- The Bald Eagle
- King Penguins
- The Polar Bear
- Measuring with Paper Clips
- Reading comprehension 1st grade
- Time for School
- The Red Flower
- The Orca
- Sue's Painting
- The Little Red Hen
- The Water Cycle
- The Zebra and the Ostrich
- The Colors of the Sky
Many thanks for stopping by and taking a look Please let me know if you have any questions. I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for looking
- Reading Comprehension Strategies Passages and Questions Education.