Please contact us, via email or phone, if you have any questions about books or our policies!
Telephone: 310.659.3110 or
Nadine Vassallo, Store Manager
Marketing and Publicity (Author Events)
Jennifer Ramos, Promotional Director
Dan Graham, Assistant Promotional Director
If you have any questions regarding Book Soup inventory invoices, please contact Linda Razzaque
at 626-449-5320 x230 - firstname.lastname@example.org
For Book Soup house account questions, please contact Anne Novak
at 626-449-5320 x224 - email@example.com
Other Book Soup accounting questions can be directed to Clark Mason
at 626-449-5320 x226 - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about an order placed on BookSoup.com please contact email@example.com. When ordering books in advance of an author appearance, please indicate "SIGNED" in the comments field of your order. Online orders received in advance of an author appearance will ship after the event. If you have a question about an order placed by phone please call: 310.659.3110
There is free one-hour parking behind the store via Nellas St. There are a number of pay lots in the neighborhood as well as metered parking on Sunset Boulevard.
In an effort to broaden our selection beyond traditional publishing channels and help authors reach more readers, Book Soup offers a consignment program. Through this, we carry and feature a wider variety of books, including independently published and print-on-demand titles. The consignment program fee helps cover costs related to carrying consignment books.
• Book Soup is proud to carry consignment books as part of our overall inventory. As such, we hold consignment books to the same high standards as the rest of our book inventory. All consignment books must be bound with legible titles on the spines. They must also be proofread and free of typos.
• Book Soup is great at selling books, but we don’t know much about publishing them. So, we don’t review manuscripts or offer advice on publishing manuscripts. If you’re looking for information on writing a book, check out our great selection of books on writing. For information on publishing, we recommend The Writer’s Market.
NOTE: Consignments are removed from the sales floor for approximately 2 weeks at the end of April/beginning of May for store inventory purposes. All consignment agreements are temporarily on hold during that time and consignment times will be extended accordingly.
RUBY - $30
• Five copies of your book will be stocked in its section on the Book Soup sales floor for 90 days.
• More copies may be brought in as deemed necessary by the Book Soup Consignment Coordinator.
• Consignment period can be extended by mutual agreement between Book Soup and author.
Please Note: It may take 3-4 weeks to process your consignment.
DIAMOND - $100
• Everything in Ruby PLUS:
• Book will be featured in one of Book Soup’s weekly email updates.
• Book will be available for purchase on Book Soup’s website, and also listed on the Local Authors page for at least one month
Please note it may take 4-6 weeks to be featured in the email update and on our website.
• Book Soup pays 60% for consignments sold.
• During the consignment period, Book Soup may contact the consignor to request additional quantities, and/or to pay the consignor for items already sold.
• At the end of the consignment period, Book Soup will send any payment accrued from book sales to an address that the consignor provides. Book Soup will also send back any unsold books.
• Book Soup will only pay for items that were sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the consignor.
• For Diamond consignment only, consignor should provide, a critical review or description in approx. 50 words, and a JPEG image of the book cover (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org). Your book will not appear on our website until we have this information.
Download the Consignment Program Agreement below.