Over the years, thousands of engineering students and professionals relied on Digital Video Processing as the definitive, in-depth guide to digital image and video processing technology. Now, Dr. A. Murat Tekalp has completely revamped the first edition to reflect today’s technologies, techniques, algorithms, and trends.
Digital Video Processing, Second Edition, reflects important advances in image processing, computer vision, and video compression, including new applications such as digital cinema, ultra-high-resolution video, and 3D video.
This edition offers rigorous, comprehensive, balanced, and quantitative coverage of image filtering, motion estimation, tracking, segmentation, video filtering, and compression. Now organized and presented as a true tutorial, it contains updated problem sets and new MATLAB projects in every chapter.
- Multi-dimensional signals/systems: transforms, sampling, and lattice conversion
- Digital images and video: human vision, analog/digital video, and video quality
- Image filtering: gradient estimation, edge detection, scaling, multi-resolution representations, enhancement, de-noising, and restoration
- Motion estimation: image formation; motion models; differential, matching, optimization, and transform-domain methods; and 3D motion and shape estimation
- Video segmentation: color and motion segmentation, change detection, shot boundary detection, video matting, video tracking, and performance evaluation
- Multi-frame filtering: motion-compensated filtering, multi-frame standards conversion, multi-frame noise filtering, restoration, and super-resolution
- Image compression: lossless compression, JPEG, wavelets, and JPEG2000
- Video compression: early standards, ITU-T H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, HEVC, Scalable Video Compression, and stereo/multi-view approaches