A stunning photography book that explores the power, rebellion, and resilience held within the voices of trailblazing Black female musicians.
From entertainment journalist and fashion stylist Marcellas Reynolds, the author of Supreme Models and Supreme Actresses, comes the third installment of the celebrated series, Supreme Sirens: Iconic Black Women Who Revolutionized Music, the first-ever art book to honor the Black female singers and musicians who dominate the music industry.
Supreme Sirens chronicles the most influential and successful Black performers--from legendary jazz chanteuse Billie Holiday to the queen of soul Aretha Franklin and from glamorous girl groups such as the Supremes to modern, iconic superstars including Beyoncé, Rihanna, and Janet Jackson. Through exquisite photographs, personal interviews, short biographies, and career milestones, Reynolds details how these women's music and careers have become the soundtrack of our lives.
Supreme Sirens shares the power and wisdom of women who are at the forefront of entertainment; women who have overcome racial prejudices and redefined contemporary notions of Black women by breaking glass ceilings and tearing down racial barriers in the recording studio and on stage and screen.
- Signed books will ship on Tuesday, January 23, 2024 when the book goes on sale, and by arrangement with the author for signing.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for international orders.
- If you would like your book personalized to yourself or someone else, please indicate to whom in the comments field of your order. Orders without a name will ship with the author signature only.
- Orders with additional items are held and shipped together when the last item on the order is available.
- Thank you for your support of Marcellas Reynolds and your local independent bookseller!