Not your typical Story About An American Abroad.
Instead, Marcie Maxfield pulls back the curtain on the globe-trotting world of an expat wife to explore issues of marriage and compromise. Moving backward and forward—both in time and between cities and countries—Em’s Awful Good Fortune is woven together thematically: love, loss and betrayal, sexual assault and the lasting impact of PTSD. Paris, Tokyo, Shanghai, Detroit, Los Angeles and Seoul. A voice-driven narrative that is raw, comic and authentic. True to life, this is a disorderly journey—One that ultimately arrives at a new understanding of self-love and the complexity of relationships.
- Signed books will ship on Tuesday, August 3, 2021 when the book goes on sale, and by arrangement with the author for signing.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for international orders.
- If you would like your book personalized to yourself or someone else, please indicate to whom in the comments field of your order. Orders without a name will ship with the author signature only.
- Orders with additional items are held and shipped together when the last item on the order is available.
- Thank you for your support of Marcie Maxfield and your local independent bookseller!