#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER - "An epic adventure about a female athlete perhaps past her prime, brought back to the tennis court for one last grand slam" (Elle), from the author of Malibu Rising, Daisy Jones & The Six, and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
"A heart-filled novel about an iconic and persevering father and daughter."--Time
"Gorgeous. The kind of sharp, smart, potent book you have to set aside every few pages just to catch your breath. I'll take a piece of Carrie Soto forward with me in life and be a little better for it."--Emily Henry, author of Book Lovers and Beach Read
ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR: Time, NPR, PopSugar, Glamour, Reader's Digest
Carrie Soto is fierce, and her determination to win at any cost has not made her popular. But by the time she retires from tennis, she is the best player the world has ever seen. She has shattered every record and claimed twenty Grand Slam titles. And if you ask Carrie, she is entitled to every one. She sacrificed nearly everything to become the best, with her father, Javier, as her coach. A former champion himself, Javier has trained her since the age of two.
But six years after her retirement, Carrie finds herself sitting in the stands of the 1994 US Open, watching her record be taken from her by a brutal, stunning player named Nicki Chan.
At thirty-seven years old, Carrie makes the monumental decision to come out of retirement and be coached by her father for one last year in an attempt to reclaim her record. Even if the sports media says that they never liked "the Battle-Axe" anyway. Even if her body doesn't move as fast as it did. And even if it means swallowing her pride to train with a man she once almost opened her heart to: Bowe Huntley. Like her, he has something to prove before he gives up the game forever.
In spite of it all, Carrie Soto is back, for one epic final season. In this riveting and unforgettable novel, Taylor Jenkins Reid tells her most vulnerable, emotional story yet.
WE HAVE SOLD OUT OF SIGNED COPIES. ORDERS WILL SHIP ON TUESDAY, JUNE 6, 2023.
- Signed books will ship the week of Tuesday, June 6, 2023 when the book goes on sale, and by arrangement with the author for signing.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for international orders.
- Orders with additional items are held and shipped together when the last item on the order is available.
- Carrie Soto is Back is the only book available for signing with this promotion.
- This promotion is limited to 500 signed copies and each purchase will include a Carrie Soto wristband.
- Thank you for your support of Taylor Jenkins Reid and a local independent bookseller!